[NBLUG/talk] vpn via linksys befvp41 router

Dave Sisley dsisley at sonic.net
Tue Mar 1 18:46:14 PST 2005

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 06:07:45PM -0800, Mark Street wrote:

> Linksys Router configuration setup may not allow remote administration.
> "Security Feature", configure it onsite, reconfigure it tomorrow to allow
> remote administration..... not a good thing.... but hey who am I to say.

I know these routers can allow remote config because I can reach the
office router via my browser (with the proper user/passwd, of course).

I also think that they permit it out of the box, since their
instructions for using them with Windows tells you to configure it via
a browser.  The guide of course says that they won't support anything
but windows and IE (well, Netscape is okay... Does anybody really use
that anymore?).  I know we have these attached to linux boxen around
the network, though, so I know it works (or ought to, dammit!).

...stay tuned.

-dave.

--
Dave Sisley