[NBLUG/talk] vpn via linksys befvp41 router

Dave Sisley dsisley at sonic.net
Wed Mar 16 05:55:25 PST 2005

On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 07:36:18AM -0800, Dave Sisley wrote:

<snip lengthy description of router woes...>

> I'll let you know how it goes!

Well - just to follow through, I can report that I have it working
now.  It's a bit kludgy, since in order to use the router and the VPN
I shut down my firewall and have to reconfigure the eth0 interface to
use the router as a gateway, rather than go out directly to the
internet.

I wrote a couple of simple scripts to handle it. I know it's less than
elegant, but it works. The good news is that I don't need to use the
VPN setup very often - just for troubleshooting and checking on stuff
from home.

-dave.

--
Dave Sisley