[NBLUG/talk] Quick and Dirty KNOPPIX install to HDD

Kyle Rankin kyle at nblug.org
Fri Mar 18 16:40:06 PST 2005

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 04:33:26PM -0800, Bob Blick wrote:
> >> I have partitioned the HDD with my partitions to hold linux and swap
> >> space.
>
> Will knoppix use the swap automatically if one exists?
>
> -Bob

When booting or when installing to the hard drive? In the case of booting,
yes, Knoppix automatically mounts and uses any swap partitions it finds
unless you boot with the noswap cheat code. In the case of installing, it
behaves similarly, and will automatically add any swap partitions it finds
to its list of partitions for the installed version to use. If you don't
have a swap partition yet, it will launch a partition tool (qtparted in a
GUI, cfdisk in a console) so you can create one.

--
Kyle Rankin
NBLUG President
kyle at nblug.org