[NBLUG/talk] Re: KDE vs. Gnome

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Wed Mar 23 18:49:15 PST 2005

I hate VI, but use it a lot. It's on everything and sooner or later you're
going to HAVE to use it, so you might as well know it. I had way to many
problems finding myself stuck in it before I learned how to use it. My
favorite is pico (keep it simple).

> Here's my argument for VI over Emacs: Emacs' key bindings keep
> confusing me--just as I get used to ctrl+x ctrl+s to save, I wind up
hitting that combination when I return to some "modern" editor (MS
Notepad, JEdit, KEdit, what have you). VI, on the other hand, has key
combinations that are so different that I don't confuse them (escape
colon w q).