[NBLUG/talk] Bluetooth?

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Sat May 28 09:54:40 PDT 2005

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 05:08:57PM -0700, Lincoln Peters wrote:
> Has anyone ever tried using Bluetooth on Linux?  Any recommendations for
> specific Bluetooth adapters?  Any comments regarding installation,
> reliability, ease of use, etc?

i've got a mix of sarge and sid (debian) on my laptop that has built-in
builetooth (ibm thinkpad t41p).  i only use it to talk to my phone (nokia
6620), but that seems to work just dandy.  i don't have access to my laptop
at the moment, so i can't tell you all the goodies i've got installed that i
use.

i do know the stuff i use with the phone is obex-related (ie, that's how i
get files on and off the phone):

http://www.ravioli.pasta.cs.uit.no/open-obex/

-dustin