[NBLUG/talk] Searching for near-identical photos?

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 7 20:28:27 PST 2005

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 02:43 am, Aaron G wrote:
> That seems like it would be EXTREAMLY hard for a computer to do...
> The only way I could see it possibly working is that you had some kinda
> metric for "probility the picture is a match" and you could define your
> threshold.

I'm not really clear on how GNUift works (or is supposed to work), but I think
it does something like that.  Every time I've seen it demo'ed, the pictures
it returned all looked similar in terms of color, brightness, contrast, etc.,
although it took me a while to see that.

> Easy for you, hard for the computer. (read a book call On Intelligence
> if your intrested in stuff like this)

True, but the computer has a lot more spare time than I do!

--
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

Some men rob you with a six-gun -- others with a fountain pen.
		-- Woodie Guthrie

/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email
 X     No Word docs in email