[NBLUG/talk] Re: slow open office startup

Tim Preston timp at sonic.net
Tue Nov 8 18:05:26 PST 2005

Walter Hansen wrote:
<snip>
> Hmmm. I just changed it to 20mb and it opens instantly, but then I just
> oppened it and it seems to open slowly the first time you open it. Yes it
> now opens within a second no matter which setting it is set on. It's just
> that first open that hangs
<snip>

So, can anyone explain this in OO's progamming? Is it loading stuff, or
creating temp files? Couldn't there be a file or group of files that
already exist that OO uses to startup? Or, is it just recreating the
files everytime it starts that slows it down?

Maybe it's like windowzz, it has to load a bunch of modules and
negotiate connections to others before it stabilizes enough to display
the screen.

Anybody?

Tim