[NBLUG/talk] Ubuntu 5.10 CDs

Conrad OHO conradoho at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 24 17:52:25 PST 2005

Hi Willian and other NBLUGers,

Would you all check with each other and make sure there's plenty of the
free Ubuntu 5.10 CDs available to give away at the NBLUG Meeting and
Distro Talk on Tues 13 Dec 2005?

I'll be bringing some newbie friends there, and we'd all like some
Ubuntu 5.10/x86 CD sets,and maybe a few 5.10/PPC CDs.

Will someone on the panel talk a bit about Ubuntu?

BTW, I've been using the Ubuntu 5.04 Live CD alone in my personal
system with no hard drive exclusively for the last 4-5 months. It's a
celeron 450 box with 378mb sdram and ethernet connectivity. Normally I
can keep 8-10 windows open in Firefox OK, but I don't dare try opening
really big files because the system quickly becomes unresponsive and
locks up with the CD reader doing constant continual seeks. Only way
I've found to get out of that mode is by RESETing the system.

See you all Tues 13 Dec 2005
Conradical

================================

--- A'fish'ionado <afishionado at gmail.com> wrote:

> I got my free Ubuntu 5.10 CDs yesterday. :-)
<SNIP>
> Either way, I now have a cardboard box full of Ubuntu CDs to bombard
> my
> hapless classmates at school with next week... Muahahahaha!!!
>
> William

Conrad OHO  Phone: 415-457-3532
141 Lansdale Ave Fairfax CA 94930

"If everything you do with your body, speech, and mind is done for the benefit of others, there is no need to do anything more for your own benefit because the one is included in the other." - Khenpo Karthar Rinpoche