[NBLUG/talk] Introduction to Group

sababeach at cfl.rr.com sababeach at cfl.rr.com
Wed Apr 19 13:44:37 PDT 2006

Just joined the group; I'll introduce myself. My first name is Tim
and I live in central Florida near Orlando. My vocation is as a
business application programmer which I started in '66 by
wire-wrapping boards for Univac 1004/1005s. I spent the next 14 years
designing/writing big-iron financial applications: demand desposit,
time deposit, installment loan. Since '81 I've specialized in
designing/writing micro-iron vertical order processing applications
for distribution businesses: automotive aftermarket,
awards & presentations, pottery & landscaping.

My hardware is limited to Intel/AMD powered computers on which I use
FreeBSD and the Debian distribution of Linux.

My current project is a web enabled horizontal order processing
application using Apache and Linux/FreeBSD which you can test drive,
if you wish, at my foundry at www.sababeach.net.

My advocation is joining and contributing to *ix user groups.