[NBLUG/talk] kde 3.5.4 font anti aliasing

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 7 08:47:25 PDT 2006

On Monday 07 August 2006 01:30, Troy Arnold wrote:
> So after an hour or so of everything working, I got bored and installed the
> freshly minted Kubuntu packages for KDE 3.5.4, and... my fonts went to
> hell!
>
> I tried several things, but what finally fixed the issue was going into the
> fonts control applet and turning off anti-aliasing, hitting apply, turning
> it back on and hitting apply again.

I'm using KDE 3.5.4 on Debian, and the only problem I've encountered thus far
was the text display error in libcairo (see the "Weird GNOME error after
upgrading KDE" thread a few days ago).  I use anti-aliasing as well, and I
have not experienced anything like what you describe.

What are your other font settings in KDE?

--
Lincoln Peters		<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

Numeric stability is probably not all that important when you're guessing.