[NBLUG/talk] Hung MySQL process does not timeout.

Augie Schwer augie.schwer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 08:43:23 PST 2006

I have a client query that when executed locally continues to run (and
keep locks on tables) even without a controlling terminal. I tried
setting "interactive_timeout" to something low like 60 seconds, but as
I watch the 'processlist' I see the query roll right past that timeout
even after I have killed the shell that initially started the query.

So my question is; is there some other timeout or MySQL system
variable I am missing that would timeout a local MySQL client (cli)
session that executed a long query and then was terminated poorly?
'long_query_time' is already set to 10 seconds, so that doesn't seem
to do it.

Any help or suggestions welcome.

--
Augie Schwer    -    Augie at Schwer.us    -    http://schwer.us