[NBLUG/talk] OT: Anyone ever replaced a battery in a UPS?

Dave Sisley dsisley at sonic.net
Sun Dec 10 18:18:11 PST 2006

I don't want to hijack this thread, but want to pose a question of my
own.  I have quite a few UPS's piled up - and I have no way of knowing
if they are any good (although some have 'failed' and now I know maybe I
can replace the battery).

What's the best way to test a UPS?  I don't have any sort of voltmeter
or whatever (but if that's what I need, I'm off to Radio Shack).
Obviously, battery-time is dependant on how many things you have plugged
into it, but is there a way to quantify how much juice a charged UPS can
deliver?

TIA,

-dave.

--