[NBLUG/talk] playing dvd's in debian stable

Mr. Jan Hearthstone hearthstone11 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 11 15:48:29 PST 2006

--- Lincoln Peters <sampln at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On Sunday 10 December 2006 18:51, Mr. Jan
> Hearthstone wrote:
> > I googled, read manuals. but still can play no
> dvd's.
> > Could someone walk me through the process?
> > Thanks, Hearthstone.
>
> I think that if you install the "kaffeine" package
> and all the packages it
> recommends and/or suggests (I can't remember which
> ones specifically deal
> with playing DVD's), you should be able to play
> DVD's through Kaffeine (my
> personal favorite video player front-end on ANY
> platform) easily enough.
> Kaffeine has some other really nice capabilities as
> well, such as the ability
> to make playlists out of videos, and it can save
> screenshots and/or an entire
> session of streamed audio or video.
>

> --
> Lincoln Peters		<sampln at sbcglobal.net>
>
> Adopted kids are such a pain -- you have to teach
> them how to look like
> you ...
> 		-- Gilda Radner

Dear Lincoln,
as you might have noticed, it would appear that I
don't even have a DVD-drive yet!
But I'll be back, if at least to inform everybody that
I am able to play DVD's on my new refurbished
DVD-drive , straight out of the box!
Thanks, Hearthstone.

WANTED: Programmers for Peace:
 http://www.modelearth.org/bodhiprog.html