[NBLUG/talk] More USB failures

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 2 07:43:29 PST 2006

The plot thickens...

I experienced another failure this morning, so I shut down the computer,
disconnected all USB devices, reconnected the cordless mouse and one
USB-to-Parallel adapter directly to the computer, and turned the computer
back on.  It's too early to say if the hub(s) were causing any of the
problems I've observed, but I did find that the mouse became almost unusable
when the receiver was plugged directly into the computer.  It was like the
receiver could not stay connected to the mouse for more than a few seconds
before losing the connection--almost sounds like a power issue.

If I don't experience another failure within the next 72 hours, I think I can
conclude that the hub was somehow at fault.

--
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

It's better to be quotable than to be honest.
		-- Tom Stoppard

/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email
 X     No Word docs in email