[NBLUG/talk] the debian way

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Thu Feb 2 16:23:58 PST 2006

Likely causes of not being able to ssh in to the box as user or root?
Putty comes up and asks for username and then password, but gets no
further. I can ssh to localhost from the box as both. Hmm. /var/log/secure
doesn't seem to be there so I'm not sure what log file to look in for
clues. I probably should read up on the debian way.

Also can someone tel me what happended to ll? I tend to like ll as oposed
to ls -al. I suppose I have to create or enable the script that does that.
I think I figgured out the /etc/init.d/service start|stop|restart thing. I
bet the service script is pretty easy to write, but that might be a no no.

reconfigure:brain:debian:click:whirr:whirr: