[NBLUG/talk] My Linux alarm clock

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 17 10:55:50 PST 2006

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 10:48, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> Cool indeed.  However, isn't there an alarm clock plugin you can get
> for amaroK? :)

Yes, but it's not nearly as flexible as cron.  If my first class of the day is
at 9:00am on Monday, 8:00am on Tuesday and Thursday, and 1:00pm on Wednesday,
why would I want to have the alarm clock go off at the same time every day?

> Recently, I installed the joystick control plugin, and can play/pause,
> vol. up/down, and prev/next-track using my old WICO joystick from my
> Atari days (it's connected to USB via a Stelladapter).  No longer must I
> turn on my monitor, unlock my X screensaver, and fiddle with the mouse to
> control my music.

I had been thinking about putting something like the Griffin PowerMate on my
nightstand to control amaroK, but since I already have a few old joysticks
lying around, this might be a more economical option.

--
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

He knows not how to know who knows not also how to unknow.
		-- Sir Richard Burton

/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email
 X     No Word docs in email