[NBLUG/talk] [OT] Sys Admin group forming

Eric Eisenhart freiheit at SoCoSA.org
Fri Jan 20 16:18:40 PST 2006

Hey, all you system administrators out there.

I'm working with some people to start up a new group for System
Administrators in our area.  This group is not intended to be specific to
Linux, Unix, open source or any particular platform; it's intended for
people who get paid to take care of computers.  Sometimes they're not called
"System Administrators", there seem to be a lot of different names for our
profession; we don't care what the HR department wanted to call your job,
just what you actually *do*.

http://SoCoSA.org/ (site still under construction, so assume information is
wrong, but the mailing lists work.)

If you're a sysadmin in or near Sonoma County, please consider going to the
site and at least get on the notify list.

More to come soon.  (like, say, our meeting schedule, meeting location,
etc...)

If you're interested in spending maybe about 8 hours a month helping to make
the group function, send me an email.  We could probably use a couple more
people on the board.
--
Eric Eisenhart <freiheit at SoCoSA.org>
SoCoSA Founder and President