[NBLUG/talk] GCC: Compiling older apps with latest version

Dave Sisley dsisley at sonic.net
Sat Jan 28 12:54:46 PST 2006

Hey, everyone:

I am trying to get an older terminal emulation program to compile on a
freshly updated FC4 box.  The program in question (wy60
<http://gutschke.com/wy60/html/archive/wy60-2.0.8.tar.gz>) was last
updated in 2003.  I might be missing some unknown dependency, but I
think the problem is that FC4 is using gcc 4.0.2 which is perhaps too
new?  Is that even possible?  If so, is there a way to 'go back in time'
compiler-wise, without performing a full Redhat 9 install?

I now realize how spoiled I am by yum/apt-get/rpm and the like.

Thanks for any advice!

-dave.

--
Dave Sisley