[NBLUG/talk] Gentoo Live Installation CD failure

Sean seanvanco at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 08:53:34 PDT 2006

I didn't do the checksum, as I downloaded the software twice, and they
both failed. I suppose I can try it again with the md5 and try again
just to be safe. I do know that the hardware will support Gentoo. The
boxes I've attempted installation on are Dell GX60's and a new
computer I built about a month ago.

I forgot to mention that in the error it says that it could not emerge
a package, even though I tell it to install no additional packages.
Sometimes it's not even able to emerge the kernel-source when I tell
it to copy from the CD (per the Gentoo's offline installation
instructions). Just to be safe, I configure the network for an
internet connection anyway, but it still fails.

Sean