[NBLUG/talk] Electronic format to audio

Ron Wickersham rjw at alembic.com
Mon Jul 31 17:34:56 PDT 2006

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006, Scott Doty wrote:

> I'm not sure what I did to fix it, but I fixed it.  Seemed that either
> removing some of those %gconf files nuked the setting -- but it might also
> be uninstalling and re-installing control-center...

wow, didn't expect accessability to be so brittle.

this is a big issue for using Linux in government, so disabled employees
can use the same computer as someone else.   don't have any idea what
the issue was in your case Scott, since it functioned without a hitch
in the config i reported.   so for wider acceptance of the Linux Desktop
in gov't this issue can't blow up like it did for you.    unfortunately
google for [gnome accessibility crashes] yields over 200,000 links.

-ron