[NBLUG/talk] on-board NIC problem

Ross Thomas boscorama at fastmail.us
Wed Jun 28 22:24:42 PDT 2006

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 13:08:46 -0700, "Sean" <seanvanco at gmail.com> said:
> I am attempting to get the NIC for my new Mandriva Linux box working,
> but I seem to be unable to. My motherboard is a,  ECS C19-A SLI (1.0A)
> Socket T (LGA 775), using the Marvell 88E1115 on-board NIC. If need be
> I can install a PCI NIC that is known to be automatically recognized
> by Linux.
>
> So far I have been unable to find any Linux drivers for this, although
> I do know that it works under a Gentoo box that is used by a friend of
> mine.

The Mandriva 2006.0 kernel is stuck at 2.6.12.22 while kernel.org (and
most probably Gentoo) is up to 2.6.17.1.  This NIC is not even mentioned
on the Marvell site so I'm guessing it's fairly new.  Try the latest
Gentoo Live CD to see if it detects it and then note the kernel it uses
by looking at the output of:
      uname -a

HTH.

Ross.