[NBLUG/talk] Moving Mail services from one server to another

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Sat May 6 19:44:54 PDT 2006

Chris Wagner wrote:
> Ahh, I see where the misunderstanding happened.  I implied using
> multiple public IPs, but did not explicitly state as such.  No problem.
> I'm glad to have our solutions corroborate. :)
>
> - Chris

Yes indeed there are multiple IPs, about 30 to be exact. I've moved over
most of the other services, but mail is a lower priority move and I
would like it to go smooth. It sounds like this should go well in the
manner that's been described here. I'll probably be doing just that in a
week or two.

Anybody know what the normal Mandrivia way to handle pop3 is? Qpoper
seems to be recommended. Sendmail was suggested, but that confused me as
I thought sendmail was just for receiving mail, not serving it up in a
pop3 manner.