[NBLUG/talk] Perl vs other scripting methods

matt matt at cfxnetworks.com
Mon May 8 19:39:59 PDT 2006

Well the title is "Perl vs other scripting methods," and he wanted to do some
scripting, and Perl vs. PHP was the first thing that came to mind. It wasn't
that he wanted a comparison of Perl and PHP, it's that he wanted to get
something done, and he asked how to do it, so I don't think recommending
other scripting languages (Python, maybe Ruby if anyone likes it) was out of
line...

You are able to read and write Perl relatively seamlessly, but I think that
for a beginner (which it sounds like he is), he will get a lot more done in a
shorter amount of time with Python.