[NBLUG/talk] I hate perl. :-)

William Tracy afishionado at gmail.com
Mon May 29 19:40:22 PDT 2006

> Ahh, but you can cram so much into those 50 lines!  ;)

... That's what scares me about Perl ...

> Here is my version.  Apart from a few sanity checks (taint checking,
> strict and warnings), an expanded command line syntax, and adherence to
> my personal style rules, I also added a cache argument so that
> duplicates are not printed.

Nice. :-) I'm not familiar with the curly brace syntax you used, which
probably means I need to read some more.

> The obvious performance improvement is to turn the recursion into
> iteration.  This version is very slow.

I thought about that a little. The performance I got was almost as
fast as the console can print I/O, but that doesn't mean there's no
room for improvement. :-)

William