[NBLUG/talk] Does a Mobo chart exist?

Sean seanvanco at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 23:16:31 PST 2006

I personally have found that while all motherboards will work with
Linux, but it will be the on-board devices that could individually
fail to work on the new boards. Once you have the data on these
on-board devices, you can look for any supported Linux drivers. If you
find them you should be good to go. A good example of this is good
support for Intel on-bard network cards, but ATI drivers for on-board
video cards used to be harder to come by. I have tried to stick with
nVidia chipset motherboards as they seem to have broader Linux driver
support.

I must admit to not understanding what you mean by IDE compatability
for Linux. I you simply mean that it has IDE ports, then virtually all
will have at least one IDE port. SATA has not yet completely replaced
IDE.

Sean