[NBLUG/talk] New Inspiron 1420n

Steve Johnson srj at adnd.com
Sun Aug 19 13:24:10 PDT 2007

On 8/19/07, William Tracy <afishionado at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/19/07, Steve Johnson <srj at adnd.com> wrote:
> > I have a Dell M120, which did not come with ubuntu, but I installed it
> > shortly after getting the laptop..  I never knew hitting that home
> > button would pull up RythemBox.
>
> I wouldn't be too quick to assume that the default keybinding would be
> the same as on my machine without actually checking it.

I checked it on my XPS M120, the key was mapped to the same as
mentioned.  And thats from a self installed ubuntu..  I also checked
to make sure my media card reader worked (didnt even think to test it
until I read this review) and it worked too.

Ubuntu on my Dell XPS laptop works perfectly, not a single thing
needed configured.. I'm really impressed.

> BTW, I was impressed to see that a few weeks ago they released an XPS
> machine (Dell's line of gaming computers) with Ubuntu preinstalled. I
> did not expect that.

Wow.. I purchased my XPS in January, they didn't have the option then,
or I would have chosen it.

-Steve

--
Blog - http://www.fratm.com/index.php/User:Fratm
"Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment." - Lao-Tzu