[NBLUG/talk] [SoCoSA/discuss] PostgreSQL Replication?

Rob Clark robintclark at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 17:36:08 PST 2007

The preferred method is to off-load the replication to an appliance
(storage) that allows for snapshots and delta replication.  That way if you
corrupt data at your primary site you will have the ability to recover to a
known good point in time at your DR site and be up and running in a few
minutes rather than hours/days.  This method also relieves your pSQL server
from any of the replication burden.

On Dec 12, 2007 3:04 PM, Augie Schwer <augie.schwer at gmail.com> wrote:

> How are people doing PostgreSQL replication?
>
> Looking around on the web it seems that there is no built in way to do
> PostgreSQL replication and that there are several third party tools,
> so my question is: what way is the best way?
>
> The point of this would be to do live backups and have a stand by
> server in case I needed it.
>
> Any suggestions?
>

> --
> Augie Schwer    -    Augie at Schwer.us    -    http://schwer.us
> Key fingerprint = 9815 AE19 AFD1 1FE7 5DEE 2AC3 CB99 2784 27B0 C072

Rob Clark
robintclark at gmail.com