[NBLUG/talk] Python/Gourmet question

Jack Smith jack.delbert at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 14:51:13 PST 2007

I'm trying to use a package called gourmet to manage recipes and I seem to
have run into a problem.  It appears that a Python directory called
reportlab is in my Python 2.4 tree and Gourmet is in my 2.5 tree.

[root at natsumi ~]# gourmet &
[1] 22487
[root at natsumi ~]# Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/gourmet", line 34, in <module>
    import gourmet.GourmetRecipeManager
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gourmet/GourmetRecipeManager.py",
line 8, in <module>
    import exporters.printer as printer
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gourmet/exporters/__init__.py",
line 3, in <module>
    import pdf_exporter
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gourmet/exporters/pdf_exporter.py",
line 1, in <module>
    import reportlab
ImportError: No module named reportlab

[1]+  Exit 1                  gourmet
[root at natsumi ~]# find / -name reportlab
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/reportlab

I tried going into pdf_exporter.py and fully qualifying reportlab but I got
a syntax error on the leading /.  I'm a complete newbie on both Python and
Gourmet so I'd welcome advice.

Thanks,
--
Jack Smith

English doesn't borrow from other languages -- English follows other
languages down dark alleys and takes what it wants.