[NBLUG/talk] Ideal laptop for Linux?

Bob Blick bbblick at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 29 09:25:08 PST 2007

Hi Edward,

Dell and IBM are good choices. My 1.5 year-old Dell Latitude D420 and
Kubuntu are pretty close to working perfectly together without any
glitches. Battery life is better under Windows, though.

You'll probably do well with Gateway too, since they have fairly generic
hardware like Dell. I've had the worst luck with Toshiba.

Craigslist is where I got my Latitude, but you need to know what it's
worth because quite often the sellers don't.

Cheerful regards,

Bob