[NBLUG/talk] RAID?

Lincoln Peters anfrind at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 10:37:00 PST 2007

On Dec 31, 2007 10:23 AM, Kyle Rankin <kyle at nblug.org> wrote:
> Just wanted to comment on this point, actually these days mdadm can grow
> RAID-5 arrays by adding a partition (and there was a tool to do it on
> old-style linux software RAID as well). I've successfully done it to grow
> RAID5s both with the old-style tool and with mdadm as part of testing for
> Knoppix Hacks and while it took some time it did work.

Cool.  I set up that RAID system a few years ago, but I haven't been
paying attention to new developments in the Linux RAID tools (since
what I had worked so well).

Now if only I could have a setup that would provide a comparable blend
of capacity and redundancy to RAID-5, without requiring all the disks
to be the same size.  Do you know of a way to do THAT?

--
Lincoln Peters
<anfrind at gmail.com>