[NBLUG/talk] Advanced partition selection

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 2 17:41:25 PST 2007

On Tuesday 02 January 2007 17:00, Steve Johnson wrote:
> I'm not a kernel expert, so I may be wrong, but can't you compile that
> support as a module, and then install the module?

Advanced partition selection cannot be compiled as a module.  I checked.

Anyway, I've recompiled and rebooted, and the partition table STILL doesn't
show up.  But I found a workaround: I've hooked up the hard disk to my
MacBook Pro, and I'm scp'ing everything to my Linux machine.  It's slower
than connecting the drive directly to the Linux box, but at least it works
(and it's not painfully slow).

I'm still interested in being able to use disks partitioned on a Mac, but at
least for now, it's not an urgent matter (it was urgent until I found the
workaround because it involved the computer of my dad's ex-wife).

--
Lincoln Peters		<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

leverage, n.:
	Even if someone doesn't care what the world thinks
	about them, they always hope their mother doesn't find out.