[NBLUG/talk] GNOME apps stopped working in KDE?

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 17 23:15:56 PST 2007

On Wednesday 17 January 2007 21:52, Troy Arnold wrote:
> Try a different gtk theme.  In particular try one that isn't based on
> gtk-smooth-engine.
>
> I'm making this suggestion based upon information I got while searching
> Debian bugs here:
> <http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.bugs.dist>

That was it.  Apparently when KDE tells a GTK+ program to use the "Nuvola"
theme, the GTK+ program freaks out and crashes.  When I changed it to use
the "Mist" theme, everything started working again.

I'm sure that there are other themes that will cause crashes under these
circumstances, but at the moment I'm just glad that everything is working
again.  I may investigate further tomorrow, if I have time.

--
Lincoln Peters		<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

If you live to the age of a hundred you have it made because very few
people die past the age of a hundred.
		-- George Burns