[NBLUG/talk] Considerations for a new motherboard?

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Fri Jan 26 18:52:39 PST 2007

I like the elitegroup motherboards. I have the KN-1 and the one after it
on two systems. On-board raid generally won't work with Linux, and may be
tough with even Windows. It seems to require a driver, which made me toss
it in favor of software or a different setup entirely. I did have a little
fun getting the gigabit up on the one, but it followed along eventually.
Not sure for the onboard sound as I never configured it on the server.

For IDE both the boards had the two or three ports and both had at least 4
SATAs. Also something like 12 USB ports although some seem to work better
than others for certain things.

I know that their boards come in AMD. The ones I have use 939 sockets. But
these two use the newer video interface PCI-Extreeme. They might have
other boards with interfaces.

I find their boards pretty and nice. And a very good bang/buck ratio.

Worth a look:
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/index.aspx?MenuID=0&LanID=9

--
This would be real cute NSFW tagline, but I'm married and would get killed.