[NBLUG/talk] Samba and Windows

Robert P. Thille list-nblug-talk at rangat.org
Tue Jun 12 12:23:00 PDT 2007

Tim Preston wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> Using Suse10.0 and setting up Samba. I can see the shares available from
> an XP box but can not log into the Suse box. I wondered if one of you
> might help me walk through troubleshooting this problem. Does it sound
> like a user right, or a authentication issue? How can I tell?
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

A friend had trouble with logging into his samba server after a samba
upgrade, and it turned out that the windows box had to be rebooted
because of a change in configuration between the two samba releases and
the windows box caching something between mounts of the share.

So, as for all things windows, have you tried rebooting (the windows
box)? :-)

Robert

--
Robert Thille                7575 Meadowlark Dr.; Sebastopol, CA 95472
Home: 707.824.9753    Office/VOIP: 707.780.1560     Cell: 707.217.7544