[NBLUG/talk] Linux Questions for next month's talk

Snerd snerde at sonic.net
Fri Mar 2 11:30:15 PST 2007

Hi:
	I've been goofing with Debian on my IBM Thinkpad laptop (about 3 years
old) for
some time now and am still unable to do some things that will allow me to
get away from
bbm (big bad Microsoft).

	I'd like to be able to:

	1.  Hook my modem to the internet (and switch later to broad band)
	2.  Get my USB port to work with a memory stick.  I have two: a SanDisk
and
		a Super Flash Drive.
	3.  Get my HP LaserJet 4000 printing with the Debian programs. I have a
parallel
	    switch to go back and forth between the laptop and my desktop.

	Of course there is more, but this would allow me to only run Linux and,
hopefully,
finally learn to use it well.

I would appreciate any suggestions you might have.

Thanks,

Gene Eberts