[NBLUG/talk] install fest

dogstar dogstar at pacific.net
Tue Mar 6 10:43:07 PST 2007

I'd like to learn about installing Linux applications.

I can install Linux... these days it often installs itself.  What's holding me
back from a Microsoft-free computing environment is lack of applications.
Music processing would be an example - CD ripping, burning, etc.

I can put Linux - say Debian or Knoppix - on my HP laptop, although I can't
make the built in wireless work.  Would it be appropriate for the install fest
to work on installing one or more applications?  Will there be facilities for
downloading?  I'd like to become familiar with the process.

Comments requested.

Thanks from Marty Kamp.