[NBLUG/talk] Re: Installfest - Sat. 3/17

Mr. Jan Hearthstone hearthstone11 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 14:59:02 PDT 2007

Dear Dave,

I think I am going to wait with project till the next
fest--in the meanwhile I'll do more research on
installing Debian on Performa 6400/200, or,
alternatively, I would even swap the thing with
someone interested in stone age Macs for something to
me more useful:

Anybody would like to have a mac ppc--Performa
6400/200 to experiment upon?

Thanks, Hearthstone.

--- Dave Sisley <dsisley at sonic.net> wrote:

> Jan:
>
> In case you don't remember, I'm the NBLUG
> Installfest coordinator.
> Thanks for signing up.
>
> I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner, but looking over
> your registration
> info, I see your machine may be a tough install.  As
> you know, we're
> game to give it a try, but I don't have anyone
> officially assigned to
> your install yet.  I'm not sure how to get your CD
> recognized, or what
> network cards might work in this case.  You'll need
> to do some research,
> I'm afraid.
>
> If you can get the box to the 'fest, we might be
> able to work it out,
> but please understand we can't promise anything.
>
> Your 11am sign up should be fine - we don't have a
> lot of registrations
> at this time.
>
> -dave.
>
> --