[NBLUG/talk] Re: Installfest - Sat. 3/17

William Tracy afishionado at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 10:54:49 PDT 2007

Yes, I know I'm replying to the list. I have a reason. :-)

> Anybody would like to have a mac ppc--Performa
> 6400/200 to experiment upon?

I won't be back in town for another couple weeks, but I have a couple
old PCs I might trade for it. About 90MHz, 1Gb hard drives. One has a
pirated Win98 install (!) the other has a Mandrake install that will
need to be bulldozed (way too slow--launch KDE, click the menu icon,
and wait two seconds for the menu to pop up). Both have NICs
installed. I can probably find keyboards and mice for them, but you're
probably going to be on your own for monitors.

The reason I'm posting to the list: I slapped a CD-ROM drive into one,
and now it won't boot. I think I plugged a ribbon cable in backwards.
Is there anyone around who can look at a ribbon cable and tell if its
plugged in backwards or not? :-) I'm hoping that I haven't actually
fried anything.

William