[NBLUG/talk] Can't ssh to Ubuntu using PuTTY

john johnmcd at sonic.net
Sat Mar 24 00:24:42 PDT 2007

I also think that installing openssh-server will probably fix the
refused connection.

As an alternative to using aptitude / apt-get on the command line,
you could look at System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager.

Search for openssh-server, and it will show up as either installed or
available.

I learned this last week at the Installfest while getting my first look
at Ubuntu.
-John