[NBLUG/talk] FW: Update Fedora Core 6 to 2.6.20

Howard Schnirman h.schnirman at pacbell.net
Sat Mar 24 16:08:01 PDT 2007

Isn't the kernel a compressed file that gets untarred at boot? Are you
telling me that I have to go through the process of compiling the kernel for
my machine or is there a config file that I can just open with a text editor
and comment and uncomment some lines.

Just point me in the right direction, and I think I can get this fixed. What
did you specifically have to do in Gentoo? Edit a text file or recompile
from source. I'm not looking forward to compiling a Kernel. Haven't done
that yet, and I hear it's tedious and time consuming.

Thanks,

Howard