[NBLUG/talk] New to Linux

Milton milton at dressedtosell.biz
Fri Nov 2 21:18:54 PDT 2007

Hi Scott:

I hope I'm not being a pest; but I have not been successful at having Fedora
7 work with the Hawking HWP54G's wireless card.
I like the looks and feel of Fedora, and for being a total newbie at Linux,
I think the installation went pretty smoothly, and love Fedora's
performance. But one thing I just can't get used to it all is the line
commands I need to learn in order to install apps. Isn't there a generic
installer out there? Maybe I'm oversimplifying things, but I'm sure someone
else has already gone through this frustrating exercise of installing even
the simplest of apps.
I thinks of something like the attached file

Thanks for your time.

Milton