[NBLUG/talk] [WLUG] OT: Pictures to cell phones

Paul Wehr lugwash at paulwehr.com
Mon Nov 26 13:39:05 PST 2007

> Is there any software or technique for sending pictures to a cellphone?  I
> can do it by photographing my computer screen but there ought to be
> something better.

You can either use a service like this:
    http://www.3guppies.com/cell-phone-pictures
or, if you have a Sprint phone with web access, you can create your own
GCD file for the picture, eg:

[paul at www old]$ cat picture.gcd

(where Content-Size is the number of bytes in your jpg), then navigate to
where the picture.gcd file is served.  The phone will complain about "not
being a verified Sprint partner" or whatever, but if you trust yourself,
go ahead.