[NBLUG/talk] Very slow internal website on my home computer

Jack Smith jack.delbert at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 21:19:32 PDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 12:12 AM, E Frank Ball III <frankb at frankb.us> wrote:

>  > Did you see the drawing of the boy and the dragon on the first page?
>  It's
>  > on a white background right under "Jackdaw's Nest".  For me, that's
> about
>  > half done after 5 or 6 minutes.  The print parts of the pages is almost
>  > instant.
>

> The picture took 5 seconds to load for me.

Wow.  That's not bad at all.  That seems to indicate something weird in my
router and not Comcast screwing with me.  It also means no real problem if
other external users are getting stuff fast.  It's not like many people ever
look at the site anyhow or I'd host it someplace external.

--
Jack Smith

English doesn't borrow from other languages -- English follows other
languages down dark alleys and takes what it wants.