[NBLUG/talk] Acer Aspire One Memory Upgrade

steve smith sjs at sonic.net
Tue Dec 9 11:10:46 PST 2008

Paul -- did you ever succeed in upgrading your RAM?

I just upgrading finished mine to 1.5 Gb.  You're right -- it wasn't
easy.  It took about 3 tries before I got everything right, but the last
try went smoothly and took maybe 45 minutes to complete, and overall I
think it was worth it (as though I'd say anything else after it being
such a pain-in-the-ass to upgrade).  At one point in the process I only
had 512 Mb and it was really slow.  A 1Gb chip is the largest you can
put in.  I tried a 2Gb chip the first time and thought I'd broken the
computer.

There are several good tutorials on you-tube and I'd be happy to give
you a hand if you still want to do it.  The hard part might be getting
past the stripped screws.

Steve S.