[NBLUG/talk] Novice Python training courses?

ac at sonic.net ac at sonic.net
Thu Feb 14 12:44:55 PST 2008

 Greetings,
 I'm looking for a Python training course designed for someone who is
new to programming.  I've found a few courses at python.org, but they
all assume prior knowledge of other high level languages.  Does
anyone know of any training classes, courses, boot camps, or paid
mentor resources for Python programming novices?  I've made excellent
progress based on self-study but there are few people in my circle of
contacts who are proficient in Python and I could really use the
extra help.
 Thanks for any suggestions you may have,
 A.C.
 ******
 P.S. - If you happen to have an OLPC and can make it to next month's
NBLUG meeting, can you drop me a line?  I'd love to give a demo of
mesh networking and the acoustic tape measure activity.  Thanks!