[NBLUG/talk] I want to play Windows games on Fedora

William Tracy afishionado at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 20:04:46 PST 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 6:21 PM, Jack Smith <jack.delbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, after days of getting Xen working I find that it won't load Windows
> unless my CPU supports full virtualization.  Which it doesn't.  KVM won't
> even run without the right CPU.  So, what do I have available to let me do
> this?

Well, if you want to throw money at it, and are willing to accept that
not all games are supported, there's the obvious option:
http://www.transgaming.com/products/cedega/

The "Linux version" of Eve Online is the Windows version packaged
together with Cedega. I am a bit curious whether the bundled version
of Cedega can be used to play other games as well, or if that sort of
thing has been disabled.

--
William Tracy
afishionado at gmail.com -- wtracy at calpoly.edu

Assembly language experience is [important] for the maturity and
understanding of how computers work that it provides.
                -- D. Gries