[NBLUG/talk] VMware Linux guest recommendations

William Tracy afishionado at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 21:34:52 PST 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 3:08 PM, Cameron Tully-Smith
<cameron.tullysmith at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks everyone!  Sounds like Ubuntu (or possibly Xubuntu) is what I'm
> looking for in a guest OS.  I love this list!

Grandma's Lamp:
http://canned-os.blogspot.com/2006/10/grandmas-lamp-its-easy-enough-for.html

Xubuntu with Apache and PHP ready to go, already bundled for VMware.

Nifty for people wanting to do server-side web development who don't
have a server handy.

--
William Tracy
afishionado at gmail.com -- wtracy at calpoly.edu

Assembly language experience is [important] for the maturity and
understanding of how computers work that it provides.
                -- D. Gries