[NBLUG/talk] [WLUG] Mplayer and Fedora 8

Jack Smith jack.delbert at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 14:14:46 PST 2008

On Jan 13, 2008 4:50 PM, Bob Blick <bbblick at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Tell me again, why do people use Fedora? This is actually a serious
> question. Because I know why people use RedHat and CentOS, they want
> "enterprise grade" linux, but Fedora is meant to be a desktop linux.
> What's good about it, especially since there are so many other popular
> desktop distributions?

My reason was that most companies (including the one I worked for) ran
Redhat when they did Linux at all.  So I wanted something close.  Now I've
been using Fedora and Redhat for at least the last decade and three
computers and I'm used to it.  Before Fedora and Redhat I tried several
other distros and didn't like them any better but that's ancient history.

--
Jack Smith

English doesn't borrow from other languages -- English follows other
languages down dark alleys and takes what it wants.