[NBLUG/talk] [WLUG] Package Updater

Jack Smith jack.delbert at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 16:56:02 PST 2008

On Jan 13, 2008 7:49 PM, J. Bruce Fields <bfields at fieldses.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 11:00:17AM -0500, Jack Smith wrote:
> > Fedora 8 came with a package updater that's always informing me that
> > "updates are available".  Should I be paranoid about this?
>
> Paranoid about what exactly?
>
> You should certainly install the updates, if that's the question!

I wondered how certain I should be that the updates were the ones I should
be getting.  I could imagine someone impersonating a legitimate source and
doing nasty things to my computer.  Others have answered, thanks!

--
Jack Smith

English doesn't borrow from other languages -- English follows other
languages down dark alleys and takes what it wants.