[NBLUG/talk] Can't connect to the Internet

Roger House rhouse at sonic.net
Thu Jan 31 11:43:17 PST 2008

Thank you very much to everyone who responded.  I looked at /etc/resolv.conf
and found this (other than comments and blank lines):

    search hsd1.ca.comcast.net. infocentricity.com
    nameserver 192.168.11.25
    nameserver 192.168.11.26

Unfortunately, I don't know if this info is okay, and, if not, what it
should
be changed to.  My ISP is Comcast and the place I VPN into is
InfoCentricity,
both referenced in the "search" line.

Here is the info displayed by the Status tab of my LinkSys router:

Host Name:
Firmware Version:         1.39, Jun 04 2001

Login:
   Disable

LAN:
   (MAC Address: 00-04-5A-D2-D0-1B)

   IP Address:    192.168.1.1
   Subnet Mask:    255.255.255.0
   DHCP server:    Enabled

WAN:
   (MAC Address: 00-04-5A-D2-D0-1C)

   IP Address:    67.188.231.59
   Subnet Mask:    255.255.254.0
   Default Gateway:    67.188.230.1
   DNS:    208.201.224.11
        208.201.224.33
         68.87.76.178

Please tell me how resolv.conf should be modified.

Roger House